Dear Editor:

There seems to be some confusion about the Carroll County Transit being able to take veterans to Iowa City, Iowa.

The Carroll County Veterans Assistance Commission continues to pay the Carroll County Transit for the transportation cost to take veterans to the Iowa City VA and the clinics that they refer them to. Veterans pay nothing out of pocket.

We consider this program to be permanent and have no plans to discontinue it.

If you have any questions, please give us a call so that we can set the record straight. CCVAC — 815-906-0133. CCTA — 815-244-0011.

Wayne Leonard

Superintendent CCVAC